29 Aug 2012

Outside my comfort zone and Happy to be there....

About a year ago, I joined a local weekly card making group in my home town of Caterham. I joined with a view to learning some new paper crafting techniques so's I could create my own party invitations.

Well, thanks to the group tutor - Jo Harper, I have learnt many wonderful techniques - using a vast array of inks, pens & distressing mediums. These I soon discovered were applicable to mohair too & some new designs emerged from my studio this summer.

Jo turned 50 this month & instead of the usual making group, she invited all of us girls back to her house for a "bit of a do".

So, I thought as a birthday gift, I should thank her for inspiring me to move forward in my bear-making. I did this of course - the only way I know how and made her a bear WAY out of my comfort zone. I was fearless with the inks, pens, sponges and brushes.

Any way, this is the end result. An old style ted I called Harper...


 


I remember sitting at my work bench looking down at this nice clean, crisp, white, mohair bear I'd just "finished" and thinking..... "You're for Jo - if things go a bit squiffy now, it doesn't matter. She won't mind."

Do you know, I think I actually said it out loud rather than thought it - Mad,crazy bear lady now talks to her bears too!!!!! He He


1 comment:

  1. Harper is gorgeous Clare - he looks amazingly vintage - Anyone looking at him would think he was a wonderful and well preserved antique. I am sure Jo was touched by your thoughtfulness and generosity. Xx

    ReplyDelete